Associate Director – Business Manager
Natural Synergy products and smart natural ingredients are growing at faster pace in the cosmetics industry. As a significant player in cosmetics ingredients business, TRI-K has an aggressive ambition to drive high performance actives and Natural ingredients based technologies designed for specific consumer needs in order to serve our customers’ unmet needs.
Summary: As a Business Manager of these two product segments, you will be leading the overall business development plan and growth strategy across all consumer benefit segments. You will work with category marketing managers, customer development and sales team to develop and deploy an end to end business plan including annual budget targets and P&L. You will be Responsible for supporting and developing segment strategies for global markets. You will also work with Protein and Preservative Business Managers to develop an “integrated product portfolio” based on end consumers’ need to maximize the customer win. The leader should assure smooth collaboration with all internal stakeholders and ensure seamless communication between the cross functional teams. We’re looking for a leader who can identify an opportunity; create a strategy to make it happen; and then deliver the plan. The person should OWN the process and deliver results, creating value for TRI-K customers, and key stakeholders. The candidate should inspire people to deliver our mission and vision, demonstrate passion for the business and develop people through coaching and mentoring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the thinking process of Business strategy to ensure development of innovative, solid and consumer driven business plans that will generate profitable growth
- Working with category marketing managers and other stakeholders, develop a ‘go to market' strategy and create and implement a deployment plan to achieve growth and margin targets, including implementation of pricing models, portfolio management, and customer projects.
- Working with R&D, CMM and Marketing excellence, develop a technology and innovation pipeline based on consumer benefit platforms
- Manage the portfolio based upon market and sales data, technical reviews, competitor analysis, as well as customer and sales surveys
- Manage product line financial forecasts, demand forecasts, cost reduction initiatives, market/competitive intelligence, business process improvement, and tactical marketing activities
- Coordinate with category Marketing Manager for product introduction launches and promotional activities, and provide input on global market needs
- Attend scientific meetings as necessary, to determine new trends in the product lines, review competition and introduce/promote products at trade show booths
- Coordinate with Principals in terms of understanding the pipeline of innovations and their marketing strategies
- Collaborate with suppliers and distributors to achieve maximized sales opportunities for various active ingredients.
40% travel both domestic and international. Overnight stays of one or more days may be required.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Marketing/Business, or related field from four-year college or university; Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in product management, with demonstrated leadership, team building, interpersonal and communication skills, strongly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Strong, proven leadership skills with a track record of success. Team management experience. Analytical mindset: Ability to approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and looking for data to help make decisions
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Summer Fridays
- On-site Gym
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Communicates changes and progress. Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality; Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Business Acumen – Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Strategic Thinking – Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities. Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; Follows through on commitments.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software and Contact Management systems.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Apply for position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/142818