Business Manager-Mild Surfactants
Summary: The Business Manager ensures profitability by creating, implementing and driving strategies for new and existing products, with primary focus on Mild Surfactants ingredients. The Business Manager will actively scout and evaluate the market, assessing potential opportunities for customer needs known and unmet.
In addition, the Business Manager will assume a commercial focus, leveraging internal partnerships across business units in order to establish and penetrate the market and generate newly created revenue streams based upon customizable, unique offerings from the Mild Surfactants portfolio of products. The incumbent will collaborate with cross functional teams to cultivate projects which will enable our customers to be successful and contribute to the sustainable and profitable growth of the company. A global perspective is essential for this role especially as relates to partnering within Galaxy Surfactants (India, Egypt, Netherlands) technical and manufacturing processes, and North and South American commercial markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Manage the Mild Surfactants product lines to achieve growth and margin targets, including implementation of pricing models, portfolio management, and customer projects
- Assess product or product lines competition, update pricing matrices, review and recommend product pricing
- Recommend product lines additions and deletions based upon market and sales data, technical reviews, competitor analysis, as well as customer and sales surveys
- Identify, develop, and implement strategic concepts that will profitably grow the portfolio
- Identify new, innovative products, and consult with internal technical and business experts in order to develop a ‘go to market' strategy with respect to unique and customizable product solutions
- Manage product line financial forecasts, demand forecasts and cost reduction initiatives
- Ensure accurate budget forecasting in order to achieve sales and profits at or above market levels
- Recommend business process improvement/streamlining of procedures with respect to supply chain opportunities and purchasing activities related to the product line
- Coordinate with Marketing and Technical functions for product introduction launches in order to propel promotional activities, and provide input on global market needs
- Create technical and promotional materials in conjunction with other departments in order to drive marketing activities worldwide
- Analyze and link the effectiveness of marketing expenditures resulting in project generation
- Utilize various industry databases, journals and tools and galvanizes data to assess the competitive landscape and develop effective strategies based upon insights gleaned
- Attend scientific meetings as necessary, to determine new trends in the product lines, review competition and introduce/promote products at trade show booths
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
B.S. degree required, concentrations in chemistry, biology or related discipline. Business/commercial exposure/orientation (MBA a plus). Minimum 5 years of increasing responsibility in business management in an innovation focused environment, with demonstrated leadership, team building, interpersonal and communication skills, strongly preferred.
- 401 (K)
- Summer Fridays
This position requires 80% day to day and overnight travel and 20% office time, POST PANDEMIC. Barring the ability to travel, all work will be done remotely from a home office environment through the use of video conferencing technology.
To apply, please click: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/324657/TRI-K-Industries/Business-Manager-Mild-Surfactants