Customer Service Associate
Since 1974, TRI-K Industries, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer of specialty ingredients, bringing innovative concepts and products to life for the cosmetics industry. TRI-K strives to keep ahead of the curve with a specialization in cosmetic proteins and multi-functional peptides, natural actives, preservatives, and mild surfactants. TRI-K is a member of the Galaxy Group, with sales offices, manufacturing facilities and partners around the world. At TRI-K, we combine an awareness of consumer trends with innovative technologies to maintain our superior offering in the industry. Our in-house development team is constantly pioneering the discovery of new materials, resulting in enhanced consumer benefits. TRI-K Industries is a wonderful place to start your career with opportunities to learn and grow.
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- 401 (K)
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- In addition to other programs and plans
Processes incoming customer orders/sample orders, prepare freight quotes, addresses inquiries, follow up on shipments and orders, follow up on prepayments and assists with problem resolution. Supports Sales, Accounting, and other departments in achieving superior customer satisfaction for maximum growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and processes sales orders and sample orders received by telephone, fax, mail, or electronic services in an efficient and expedient manner
- Prepares, forwards, and retains order acknowledgements
- Enters and maintains customer information and “special pricing” database
- Invoice each shipment and send shipping documents to the customer in a timely manner.
- Process international invoices, including supporting documentation.
- Process credit card payments
- Responds to general inquiries from customers and sales representatives related to orders, products, literature, shipping and delivery, pricing, availability, packaging, and ETA’s
- Works closely with sales representatives to be proactive in meeting customer needs and keeping them informed of all activities associated with their accounts
- Supports customer relations and assists with problem resolution in a timely and professional manner
- Recommends additional sales to meet minimum orders or identifies opportunities to offer alternate sizes when applicable.
- Proactively monitors and keeps customers and sales advised of shipment dates, production schedules, delivery dates
- Assist shipping with efforts to maintain quality service by maintaining updated shipping and packaging requirements
- Prepares and runs reports and performs special projects as requested
- Work with parallel team in New Hampshire to collaborate on shipments and customer needs. Serve a backup support if needed.
- Researches and responds to Customer Complaints in accordance with our CAPA policy and procedures.
- Performs quarterly and year audit work
- Write and maintain SOP’s
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or Associate Degree with two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or table form. Ability to act in a proactive manner to identify and address potential issues.
Be able to effectively communicate in writing, on the phone and in person in a clear and concise manner. Contributes to department growth by offering ideas and creative solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order Processing software; Specifically, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and Teams. Working knowledge of Microsoft Navision, SAP or equivalent MRP systems preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Design – Demonstrates attention to detail. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality. Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions. Organizational Support – Completes tasks correctly and on time. Adaptability – Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Judgment Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure. Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
We are currently interviewing COVID vaccinated candidates only.
TRI-K doesn’t unlawfully discriminate in employment and no requirement on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or eliminating any applicant from consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.