Human Resources Specialist
Works hand in hand with the Manager, HR in performing the following functions:
Proactive and detail-oriented HR qualified candidate sought to own the full-fledged, full cycle recruitment function. Initiation and execution of employee engagement programs, and oversight for all training initiatives. Research and implementation of tools and software and technology products related to recruitment, training and employee engagement. Must have an appreciation for and enjoy creating a healthy, engaging work environment through the coordination and execution of wellness oriented initiatives. Stellar organizational skills and positive perspective are essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and streamlines a structured full life cycle recruitment program from job description development through onboarding of new hires
- Implement procedures related to recruitment including the utilization of a recruitment requisition form as well as an interview feedback tool
- Maintain a recruitment metric spreadsheet or report quantifying recruitment results for all positions, including Time to Fill, Recruitment Sourcing Analysis and Cost Per Hire
- Update and develop job descriptions for new and existing positions in a timely manner to initiate the recruitment process, and as roles change
- Establish relationship with each Hiring Manager to have open communication on hiring needs and process involvement
- Perform community outreach with local universities and other industry organizations to supplement the applicant pool
- Research various technology related software related to recruitment and implement these tools based upon the needs of the organization
- Negotiate pricing for all tools with long term goals and growth patterns considered
- Vet and negotiate rates/agreement terms and establish relationships with external recruitment vendors for both permanent and temporary recruitment solutions
- Utilize recruitment tools to formulate recruitment strategies for each specific position
- Formulate, track and maximize the annual recruitment budget, minimizing Cost Per Hire
- Manage the upload and publication of job openings on various portals/websites/TRI-K career page on a timely basis
- Fill positions with qualified candidates in a timely, cost efficient manner within the KPI’s established
- Establishes a well-rounded employee engagement program to incorporate onboarding as well as existing employee population
- Perform an employee engagement survey annually to determine gaps and program elements going forward
- Formulate and track budget and expenses related to employee engagement
- Continually evaluate and expand company offerings with respect to employee wellness, team building, employee suggestions, employee anniversary milestones and rewards and recognition
- Oversight of all employee functions including annual Founder’s Day and Holiday Events, as well as monthly birthday celebrations, new hire promotional gifts and various holiday celebrations including Thanksgiving Pot Luck, Halloween and others. Partner with NH and remote colleagues to ensure applicable offerings across both locations
- Partner with Marketing to establish a regularly published employee communication vehicle highlighting employee personal news/milestones (with approval) as well as important internal company news (with approval)
- Establish new hire engagement practices to establish TRI-K as an employer of choice
- Conducts exit interviews for all voluntarily exiting employees. Communicates exit interview results to appropriate senior management. Formulates suggestions and recommendations to affect positive change based upon exit interview feedback, and trends noted.
- Develop a comprehensive training program addressing the needs of both newly hired and existing employees.
- Needs analysis to be performed in conjunction with direct report managers for their staff members based upon current responsibilities, growth responsibilities, and bench strength/cross training required for all roles in all departments
- Research companywide training solutions which will facilitate training in an easy, enjoyable and cost efficient manner
- Research and recommend topical training opportunities for individuals based upon areas for improvement as noted by direct report manager via annual performance review or off cycle identification
- Implement a system for direct report managers to maintain and update their staff training accomplishments annually
- Partner with the Management Representative for ISO to implement any SOP’s related to training requirements for ISO and the QMS. Assist in compiling training data/documentation required for ISO purposes
- Maintain training reporting and share with managers monthly
- Compliance Related Responsibilities
- Responsible for the creation and compilation of all new hire documentation including onboarding paperwork (signed offer letter and non-compete or confidentiality agreement) and the establishment of new hire employment folders
- Ensuring that governmental employment processes are accurately completed within the 3 day timeframe (E-Verify and I-9) and stored properly
- Track and follow up regarding benefits eligibility and obtain waivers from those declining coverage
- Complete new hire paperwork for payroll creation and communicate to Manager, HR for timely inclusion in next upcoming payroll cycle
- Ensure all company policies are signed/acknowledged within the first 30 days of employment via Paylocity onboarding tool
- Ensure that the direct report manager establishes KPI’s and communicates to all new hires with signature acknowledgment
- Other HR Related Responsibilities
- Assistance with projects related but not limited to benefits, compensation and salary surveys, performance management
- Deliver internal communications surrounding policies and procedures, housekeeping and new employee memos/departmental changes, upcoming programs and benefit announcements
- Conduct conversations and/or represent HR in employee relations issues documentation process
- Assist Manager, HR with Benefits and Payroll administration
- Software Requirements
- Familiar with HCM/ATS systems, preferably Paylocit
This position requires minimal travel with occasional possible overnight stays.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical – Collects and researches data. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Presents numerical data effectively. Business Acumen – Displays orientation to profitability. Cost Consciousness – Contributes to profits and revenue. Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Judgment-Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited college or university; preferably in a HR related major with three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees and government agencies.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to work with general mathematical concepts.
Human Resources Management and Applicant Tracking software, Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet, Contact Management System
Certificates & Licenses:
HR Certification or related courses preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Office environment is low to moderate noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.