TRI-K Industries, Inc., a leading supplier & manufacturer of specialty raw materials to the global personal care and cosmetics industry is expanding its R&D team and seeks an experienced and qualified candidate for the role of R&D Chemist in Salem, NH.
Performs research and development activities related to the formulation of new products and the improvement of existing products. Evaluates and troubleshoots production-related problems. Will serve as primary back up position for Quality Control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify, plan, perform and report research and technology projects on innovative new protein products and alternate raw material sources
- Implement and oversee pilot production projects related to R&D
- Prepare and update finished product specifications, and maintain laboratory SDS’s
- Prepare detailed reports on product development projects as well as reports required by Management
- Troubleshoot plant production batches as necessary
- Work closely with corporate technical team for mutually beneficial product development and technology transfer
- Prepare sample material for new product development/customer projects. Provide support to the sample department
- Assist Technical Staff with completing customer forms & questionnaires, coding packets, spreadsheets, technical information assistance and general documentation.
- Prepares dockets for new products
- Develop and implement procedures for tracking projects from receipt to completion
- Evaluate and respond to quality issues presented by customers, in conjunction with Quality Control
- Keep up-to-date on industry innovations and technical information.
- Primary back up for Quality Control Department, including shipping Quality functions
- Follow safe laboratory guidelines and plant safety protocols
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical – Collects and researches data. Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality. Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Business Acumen – Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work. Quantity – Strives to increase productivity. Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Chemistry, Biology or a related field. One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Apply for position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/87460