Senior Associate – Accounting
Summary: Performs various reporting functions as required including general ledger entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, variance analysis, audit preparation, and related accounting issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process, review, & analyze Accounts Payables and filing of invoices
- Assists with month-end closing, reporting, Journal entries, Accruals, Account Analysis and the preparation of required schedules
- Reconcile inter-company statements
- Reconcile and post credit card purchases
- Review & analyze Fixed Assets & Prepaid Expenses
- Update and runs expense reports
- Assist in preparing documentation and test work for Audits
- Compiling & Filing annual 1099s reports
- Performs miscellaneous accounting functions as determined by management
- Monitoring MIS budget on monthly and quarterly basis, budget vs. actual, Travel reports, COPQ reports
- Backup for Accounts Receivables: Supports accounting staff by performing A/R, Invoicing, Credit/Collection calls, and Credit Memos
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required along with a minimum of 2-4 years related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Excel; formulas, V-Lookups, and pivot tables; familiar with Accounting Software.
Customer service orientation with experiences dealing with customers / clients (internal and/or external)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position located in our Denville, NJ office.
Travel Required: <10%.
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Summer Fridays
- On-site Gym
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information
- Customer Service – Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively Business Acumen – Displays orientation to profitability
- Cost Consciousness – Develops and implements cost saving measures
- Adaptability – Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently and meets deadlines
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner
- Positive Attitude –Supports and execute management initiatives
- Self-Driven – Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Appy for position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/144467