Senior Manager, Innovation and Product Application
TRI-K is the fastest growing supplier of Proteins and other cosmetic ingredients to the personal care industry. It has an R&D center with state of art equipment and testing facilities located in our corporate offices in Denville, NJ. With an emphasis on further strengthening its innovation capabilities and improved customer connectivity, the R&D organization has committed to enhancing its resources toward the development of new, innovative ideas and products with proven efficacy to additionally support our customer’s unmet needs.
The Senior Manager, Innovation and Product Application specializes in overseeing the identification, development, and production of new products for an organization. The incumbent must ensure ideas are both technically and commercially viable. In this role, the main responsibilities focus on the development of new products or processes around cosmetic proteins, botanical actives and a combination of leading edge bio actives designed to deliver proven efficacy. The candidate will work with the R&D and marketing team to generate new innovative concept and ideas for skin and hair applications. Other responsibilities will include developing a healthy innovation funnel, collaborating with Business Managers and Marketing Managers in order for this to come to fruition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research and identify new technology work-stream by performing analysis, identifying benefits, evaluating feasibility of processing, and exploring supply chain availability.
- Work with the Proteins R&D team to develop new proteins and derivatives, participate in scale up process, and establishment of specifications.
- Manage and evaluate portfolio data and innovation pipeline assisting strategic decision-making and Go-to-Market process.
- Explore new potential benefits within the current protein/botanical actives family, identify unique selling proposition and market appeal, and differentiate the performance from like products on the market.\
- Investigate possibilities and benefits of line extensions and functional blends, leveraging industry gold standards.
- Research the feasibility of combining proteins with other chemistries and developing the compounds.
- Research prior patents to allow for “freedom to operate” going forward, as well as the opportunity to patent unique chemistries developed in house.
- Conceptualize and develop range of product formulations with actives [proteins, botanicals and bio-actives] based on new emerging trends.
- Design, research, develop, analyze and suggest new marketing concepts as well as strategies.
- Work with evaluation manager to deliver holistic technology docket with differentiating claims.
- Design and model solutions for customer innovation and experience along with similar initiatives variants.
- Lead R&D 101 training programs and develop various tools and techniques to institutionalize the innovation culture at TRI-K including Innovation and Idea Day.
- Perform as a strategic partner to head innovation, resulting in influence of change and establishment of new processes.
Creativity is one of the most essential skills for a product innovation manager, since they are responsible for developing new products for an organization. Product innovation managers must have a strong understanding of customers' needs in order to develop products to meet those needs. They should also have strong interpersonal skills in order to collaborate with research and development or marketing personnel and organizational stakeholders. Product innovation managers will need excellent analytical abilities to utilize market trends and customer data in their development of new products.
Management of R&D:
- Assist with the management of R&D Laboratory and technical staff and daily operation of the department
- Monitor R&D projects, their progress and the timelines
- Mentorship of all R&D team members
- Explore new partnerships and collaborations with academia
- Provide sales support, make customer visitations, and prepare brand building presentations
- Establish oneself as a subject matter expert for high level scientific endeavors
- Collaboration with peers and various functional departments
20% travel including domestic/international with overnight stays
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- 401 (K)
- Summer Fridays
- On-site Gym
Apply for position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/115728