Senior Scientist, R&D
TRI-K Industries, Inc., a leading supplier & manufacturer of specialty raw materials to the global personal care and cosmetics industry is expanding its R&D team and seeks an experienced and qualified candidate for the role of Senior Scientist, R&D in Denville, NJ.
Summary: Researches plant sources and develops new cosmetic proteins and botanical actives. Assists with management of R&D Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research and identify new sources by performing analysis, identifying benefits, evaluating feasibility of processing, and exploring supply chain availability
- Develop new proteins and derivatives, participate in scale up process, and establishment of specifications; prepare technology transfer dockets
- Explore new potential benefits within the current protein/botanical actives family, identify unique selling proposition and market appeal, and differentiate the performance from like products on the market.
- Investigate possibilities and benefits of line extensions and functional blends
- Research the feasibility of combining proteins with other chemistries and developing the compounds
- Research prior patents to allow for “freedom to operate” going forward.
- Design, coordinate and monitor the product studies
Management of R&D
- Assist with the management of R&D Laboratory and technical staff and daily operation of the department
- Monitor R&D projects, their progress and the timelines
- Mentorship of all R&D team members
- Explore new partnerships and collaborations with academia
- Provide sales support, make customer visitations, and prepare brand building presentations
- Establish oneself as a subject matter expert for high-level scientific endeavors
- Collaboration with peers and various functional departments
20% travel including domestic/international with overnight stays
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality. Oral Communication – Demonstrates group presentation skills. Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands. Attendance / Punctuality – Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities. Innovation – Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure. Safety and Security – Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of a MS Degree in Chemistry or related fields, and minimum 15 years experience in a similar industry.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Presentation software; Internet software
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
This job has supervisory responsibilities over R & D staff. This person will be a mentor for all R&D staff members.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a Lab environment with many interruptions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, distance vision and Ability to adjust focus.
Apply for position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/87488