Denville, NJ • Accounting
Performs various reporting functions as required including general ledger entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, variance analysis, audit preparation, and related accounting issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process, review, & analyze Accounts Payables and filing of invoices
- Assists with month-end closing, reporting, Journal entries, Accruals, Account Analysis and the preparation of required schedules
- Review & analyze Fixed Assets & Prepaid Expenses
- Update and runs expense reports
- Assist in preparing documentation and test work for Audits
- Compiling & Filing annual 1099s reports
- Performs miscellaneous accounting functions as determined by management
- Monitoring MIS budget on monthly and quarterly basis, budget vs. actual, Travel reports, COPQ reports
- Backup for Accounts Receivables: Supports accounting staff by performing A/R, Invoicing, Credit/Collection calls, and Credit Memos
- Travel expense management/knowledge of Concur preferred
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Budget consolidation and forecasting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required along with a minimum of 2-4 years related experience.
- Extensive Accounts Payable experience.
- Ability to work very independently with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail and high sense of urgency e.g. in paying all invoices on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Excel; formulas, V-Lookups, and pivot tables; familiar with Accounting Software.
Customer service orientation with experiences dealing with customers / clients (internal and/or external)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information
- Customer Service – Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively Business Acumen – Displays orientation to profitability
- Cost Consciousness – Develops and implements cost saving measures
- Adaptability – Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently and meets deadlines
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner
- Positive Attitude –Supports and execute management initiatives
- Self-Driven – Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Currently this position is remote (with occasional visits required to office for admin related tasks).
Once we transition back to working from office, this could change and at that point you would be expected to report to our Denville office with <10% travel (our in-office situation is regularly monitored and is subject to change).
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- 401 (K)
For Those Interested In Applying:
TRI-K doesn’t unlawfully discriminate in employment and no requirement on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or eliminating any applicant from consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.