Surfactants Account Manager – Northeast
TRI-K Industries, Inc., a leading supplier & manufacturer of specialty raw materials to the global personal care and cosmetics industry is expanding its domestic sales team and seeks an experienced and qualified candidate for the role of Sales Account Manager – Surfactants.
Summary: Generates sales by maintaining and expanding relationships with clients and prospecting new account relationships within an assigned territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements strategies to maintain and/or expand sales in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives
- Prepares and implements short and long terms sales plans for each account
- Forecasts the demand for product(s) and prepares budgets
- Prepares project reports and sales activity reports as requested
- Documents all sales activity in contact management database
- Follows up on sample requests
- Meets regularly with the customer to understand their objectives and requirements.
- Develops account relationship, recommends new product and technology, and obtains feedback on products.
- Ensures that sales, R & D, Marketing and Customer Service provide post implementation support to customers.
- Manages and expedites the resolution of customer problems/complaints
- Prepares and conducts technical/product presentations and demonstrations
- Participates in trade shows, weekly sales conference calls, and quarterly sales meetings
- Plans travel and itineraries to maximize client contact and efficiency
- Prepares expense reports, itinerary and call reports according to schedule
- Keeps abreast of market trends, new technology, pricing, and customer projects
Approximately 50-60% travel, with overnight stays, and 40-50% telecommuting from home office.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Communicates changes and progress. Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality; Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Business Acumen – Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Strategic Thinking – Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities. Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; Follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Chemistry or related field from four-year college or university; Minimum 3 years of sales experience in the personal care or related industry preferable. This job requires experience selling surfactant/ commodity chemical products.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software and Contact Management systems.
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to drive a vehicle, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.